Many website owners use Google Analytics to get site traffic data of their website/blog. Recently Google has introduced a new interface, in which there were lot of changes to the old interface. One thing that changed is the integration of Google Webmaster Tools data with Google Analytics data. This is very effective to see Search Engine Optimization data like Queries, Landing Pages, Geographical Summary on the same interface of Google Analytics.
But on the first try it was difficult for me to setup Google Webmaster Tools account with Google Analytics. Finally, after doing some research on Google I found out a way.
How to setup Google WebMaster Tools with Google Analytics
- Login to your Google Analytics account.
(If you're still using old version then click on "New Version" link on the top to use the new version).
- Under "Account Home" you can see different accounts.
- Under each account, you see different websites listed.
- Click on one of the website link and it'll open the property name. Click on it.
- This will open the standard reporting page of Google Analytics for that property or website.
- On the left hand side you can see, "Traffic Sources".
- If you go down the list, you can see "Search Engine Optimization".
- Under this click on "Queries" or any other two options.
- You'll see a message on the right hand side to enable or "setup WebMasterTools data sharing" with Google Analytics.
- Click on the button that says "Setup WebMaster Tools Data Sharing".
- This will take to the "Property Settings" page.
- At the bottom click on the "Edit" link. This will open a new page.
- This will list all the properties in your Google WebMaster Tools account.
- Choose the property you want to link with Google Analytics and click on "Save".
- A confirmation message will be displayed.
- Read the message and accept it.
- This will take to the earlier page i.e Property Settings page.
Now you can see the link of your website beside the "Edit" link and also under "Enabled Profiles" you see 1 profile. Click on "Apply". You'll see a "Success" message at the top in green.
This completes your Google WebMaster Tools Data Sharing with Google Analytics. Now you can see data under "Search Engine Optimization" for Queries, Landing Pages etc. This also completes google webmaster tools verification for your website or blog.